cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implement s-ramp on stepper

UDanz.1
Associate II

Hi, I need to implement an s-ramp for a stepper motor.

Currently using L6482.

Can you please point me in the direction of the correct controller + driver?

Thanks!

Uri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @UDanz.1​,

You can use the L6482 in Step-clock mode and drive it with an external MCU.

In Step-clock mode the motor motion is defined by the step-clock signal applied to the STCK pin.

At each step-clock rising edge, the motor is moved one microstep in the programmed direction and the absolute position is consequently updated.

Consider that when the system is in Step-clock mode, the SPEED register is set to zero and the motor status is considered stopped regardless of the STCK signal frequency. So you have to change the TVAL_HOLD value according your requirements.

I hope this post can help you; if so, consider to mark it as best answer by clicking the label "Select as Best".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "STM32 Motor Control" section to the "Motor Control Hardware" section (the question is not about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards

Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @UDanz.1​,

You can use the L6482 in Step-clock mode and drive it with an external MCU.

In Step-clock mode the motor motion is defined by the step-clock signal applied to the STCK pin.

At each step-clock rising edge, the motor is moved one microstep in the programmed direction and the absolute position is consequently updated.

Consider that when the system is in Step-clock mode, the SPEED register is set to zero and the motor status is considered stopped regardless of the STCK signal frequency. So you have to change the TVAL_HOLD value according your requirements.

I hope this post can help you; if so, consider to mark it as best answer by clicking the label "Select as Best".