cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVSPIN32G4 ST evaluation Board

kumar raja
Associate II

Hello,

we're using the EVSPIN32G4 ST evaluation board. in this evaluation Board design with two microcontrollers (stm32f103cbt6 for debugging and STSPIN32G4 for motor control). Unfortunately, the STM32f103cbt6 microcontroller has failed!! We bought a new Micro controller IC and repaired it. the board is now working.

However, it does not communicate /debugging with the MCSDK and the motor pilot software!

I think any software files for the default bootloader are missing. Please give me some suggestions and solutions.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The STM32F103CBT6 is the mcu of the built-in ST-LINK/V2-1 whose firmware is closed source and not available.

If you have desoldered it for whatever reason and installed an empty one, the on-board debugger is dead. The only way out of this dilemma is to buy a new EVSPN32G4 or connect an external ST-LINK/V2 after you have removed the solder jumpers (see UM2850, section 5.3).

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The STM32F103CBT6 is the mcu of the built-in ST-LINK/V2-1 whose firmware is closed source and not available.

If you have desoldered it for whatever reason and installed an empty one, the on-board debugger is dead. The only way out of this dilemma is to buy a new EVSPN32G4 or connect an external ST-LINK/V2 after you have removed the solder jumpers (see UM2850, section 5.3).

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you very much for answering!!

[ The STM32F103CBT6 is the mcu of the built-in ST-LINK/V2-1 whose firmware is closed source]

I understand it. Could you please share/provide the boot loader software file for prototype testing and development purposes?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Which bootloader software do you mean?

kumar raja
Associate II

[The STM32F103CBT6 is the mcu of the built-in ST-LINK/V2-1 whose firmware is closed source and not available]

Before We are referring the EVSPIN32G4 demonstration board (for three-phase brushless motors) and 

We designed the STSPIN32G4 microcontroller with prototype hardware!!
How Should I Connect the Motor Pilot 6.2.1 (mcsdk) Software?
How can we track/ monitor the motor's performance and parameters in Motor Pilot 6.2.1?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

OK, if you are now talking about your own hardware, you must of course connect a debug interface. You can also use any ST-LINK that you connect to your hardware via SWD.

kumar raja
Associate II

kumarraja_0-1715169958826.jpeg

kumarraja_1-1715170037320.jpeg

before we are trying from the above st link h/w tool code flashing is done / 100% properly, but Motor Pilot 6.2.1 cannot communicate.,

i think Motor Pilot 6.2.1 only communicate EVSPIN32G4 demonstration board or any bootloader base [The STM32F103CBT6 is the mcu of the built-in ST-LINK/V2-1 whose firmware is closed source and not available]

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The blue tin can in your picture is an illegal clone of our ST-LINK/V2, which cannot be supported. Do yourself a favour and buy a genuine one from a reputable dealer, i.e. not on eBay or other platforms.

Regards
/Peter

kumar raja
Associate II

before i shared only for the online reference image!!  kindly ignore it. 

ok sir, finally you mean the ST-LINK/V2 directly connect to Motor Pilot 6.2.1 software.

at the same time, we track/ monitor the motor's performance and parameter value in Motor Pilot 6.2.1?

kumar raja
Associate II

we try to track/ monitor the motor's performance and parameter value in Motor Pilot 6.2.1! but still we get solution!!

how to connect Motor Pilot 6.2.1?