cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVAL- SCS001V1: Doubts regarding type of source, configuration and output.

AshutoshK
Associate III

Hello There!

I have bought EVAL- SCS001V1 sink device for my application in which I need the output as 12V/2A from the mentioned sink device. I came across below problems and I seek help on it.

1) Problem related to STSW-STUSB002 GUI version 2.0.

The first problem is with the GUI version 2.0 as specified. When I made hardware connections as mentioned in the quick start document and I tried to connect the Nucleo- F072RB with the GUI 2.0, I got an error which says " The Parameter is Incorrect". and I'm unable to connect the hardware with the GUI 2.0.

I have resolved this issue by using the previous version ( STSW-STUSB002 GUI 1.09 ). So my hardware got detected in this version and I was able to program or write the NVM successfully. In the Connection Status of the GUI 1.09 it showed that " OK STUSB4500_L  Detected (COM19), at address 0x28 (I2C bus 1)" sharing image below.

OKconfigure_win.jpg

2) Problem related to the usage of the source device and selecting desired PDO's.

Currently I'm using the 65W mobile phone charger as the source device. I was not aware of the charging technology it was using. I was not able to switch the PDO profiles at the output. I was getting constant output 5V whereas the required is 12V. So if I'm not wrong the source must be USB PD technology support.

I need help on the available sources which I can use. And how can I select the desired PDO from configured PDO's in NVM to get the desired output 12V/2Amps.

Ashu
60 REPLIES 60

I'm getting CC communication and VSNK_ENB is also toggling from 0-5-0 right now for 15V and 20V selection. 

Just VBUS is not setting to 15V and 20V. Attaching waveform below.

15V CC_ok_VSNK_ENB.jpg

Channel 1: CC1 (Yellow)

Channel 2: VSNK_ENB (Blue)

Chaneel 3: VBUS (Pink)

How does in the VBUS parameters the Discharge time to 0V and Discharge time transition to lower PDO voltage affects the VBUS?

Regards,

Ashutosh K.

Ashu

Hello

As already written without having message content I cannot debug further.

I observe result of a contract at 5V, this is just what I can say.
As mentioned in datasheet discharge parameters are to discharge VBUS on connector/vsink path during down transition or cable removal.

Best regards

Nathalie

Hello Nathalie,

Can you please confirm at your end the contract with 15V PDO in EVAL-SCS001V1 and just let me know that it works fine. Because I tried multiple sources and also tried on different STUSB4500 but it isn't working. The result are same while I try to select 15V PDO. Kindly confirm it at your end.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Ashu

20240607_084940.jpg

 board out-of-the-box connected to 45W PD source

Hello,

Thankyou, can you please share the product code of source you are using and GUI configuration. Please let me know if there is any provision that I can send my source to you for testing purpose.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Ashu

Hello,

Still I'm unable to get 15V is there any update on it. Please needed help on this urgently.

Regards,

Ashutosh K.

Ashu

Dear NBALL,

I have tried 4 different sources of 35W consisting of 15V 2.33A PDO profile but I couldn't select 15V or 20V PDO in any source.

Is there some change in the hardware design on sink side for 15V and 20V PDO selection. Please help on this urgently.

Regards,

Ashutosh K.

Ashu

Hello,

Any updates on switching to 15V PDO. It has been the critical issue as 15V PDO and 20V PDO are not selected.

Is there anything I'm missing out. Please help I have sent you the waveforms.

Regards,

Ashutosh K.

Ashu

Hello

I repeat: without protocol trace and full NVM content,  no debug is possible.
Device makes a request on 5V: i have no clue why without having the traces. If source_cap are fitting with sink PDOs there is no reason to not take higher voltage.

As shown in picture, device is perfectly working and 15V/20V are 'default PDOs ' when we sell the chip.

Best regards

Nathalie

Hello,

In the snapshot you send the device is working fine for the default program. Could you just try reconfiguring it with the PDO 2 setting as 15V and see if it sets. I have reconfigured the eval board and also another 3 custom boards. This issue persists on all the boards I have. 

And also how could I trace the protocol to get clear understanding what's happening?

Regards,

Ashutosh K.

Ashu