cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVAL- SCS001V1: Doubts regarding type of source, configuration and output.

AshutoshK
Associate III

Hello There!

I have bought EVAL- SCS001V1 sink device for my application in which I need the output as 12V/2A from the mentioned sink device. I came across below problems and I seek help on it.

1) Problem related to STSW-STUSB002 GUI version 2.0.

The first problem is with the GUI version 2.0 as specified. When I made hardware connections as mentioned in the quick start document and I tried to connect the Nucleo- F072RB with the GUI 2.0, I got an error which says " The Parameter is Incorrect". and I'm unable to connect the hardware with the GUI 2.0.

I have resolved this issue by using the previous version ( STSW-STUSB002 GUI 1.09 ). So my hardware got detected in this version and I was able to program or write the NVM successfully. In the Connection Status of the GUI 1.09 it showed that " OK STUSB4500_L  Detected (COM19), at address 0x28 (I2C bus 1)" sharing image below.

OKconfigure_win.jpg

2) Problem related to the usage of the source device and selecting desired PDO's.

Currently I'm using the 65W mobile phone charger as the source device. I was not aware of the charging technology it was using. I was not able to switch the PDO profiles at the output. I was getting constant output 5V whereas the required is 12V. So if I'm not wrong the source must be USB PD technology support.

I need help on the available sources which I can use. And how can I select the desired PDO from configured PDO's in NVM to get the desired output 12V/2Amps.

Ashu
60 REPLIES 60

switching needs to be more smooth to avoid overload which drops vbus.

After vbus drops, system needs to restart from 5V otherwise there will be no contract