cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teseo-LIV3FL Low Power Mode Not Working

AFidi.1
Associate II

I'm using a Teseo-LIV3FL GNSS module for my project and trying to set the low power mode settings using Teseo-Suite software. Tried using the Low Power settings from the wizard but after get the fix it still draws around 50mA of current.

Expected behavior: After getting a fix it'll go to sleep for certain period of time (around 60s and only draws small amount of current) before logging the data again (periodic low power mode I guess (?))

What is the correct way to achieve the expected behavior?

7 REPLIES 7
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @AFidi.1​ 

Have you checked the software user manual ?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Yes I've checked the manual. I also tried sent the command manually but still no luck.

$PSTMSETPAR,1200,E70000,2
$PSTMSETPAR,1200,E70000,1
$PSTMSETPAR,1227,3C0,2
$PSTMSETPAR,1227,C0,1
$PSTMSAVEPAR
$PSTMSRR

Rebooted di GNSS firmware and still no luck.

AVike.1
Associate II

Hello, @AFidi.1​ 

In case if you use an external antenna, Teseo doesn't turns off antenna's power line (X-Nucleo GNSS board with Teseo-liv3f), as I understand. May be it will be usefull to check power consumption without any antenna.

AVike.1
Associate II

Also, to turn ON the Low power algorithm you need to set-up the 31 bit of CDB-ID 200:

$PSTMSETPAR,1200,80E70000,2

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Anyway, I've tried using $PSTMLOWPOWERONOFF and now its working as expected.

However, now I got another issue. I'm trying to set geofence using $PSTMGEOFENCECFG and it says $PSTMGEOFENCECFGERROR*06 and here's the command that I sent to my Teseo.

0693W00000YAX4uQAH.pngDo you know where did I go wrong? I'm kinda lost since it only says error without any details.

AVike.1
Associate II

May be, ID should start from 1?

AVike.1
Associate II

And radius value format as double: 1200.0?