cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usb mouse demo problems on MB393(STR710)

nopti_albe
Associate II
Posted on December 13, 2005 at 19:03

Usb mouse demo problems on MB393(STR710)

20 REPLIES 20
nopti_albe
Associate II
Posted on September 05, 2005 at 08:29

No, i don't have modifications on board. I've read all the documentation and it's all ok.

I've looked with the osciloscope on the usb bus pins and on one there is a ''gap'' when it goes to ground. It doesn't look at all like the philips kit where i can see all the signals ok.

I've looked with the HHD sofware too. It looks like the kit doesn't go past the first request. I don't know exactly what should be transffered between the root hub and pc, but on the philips there are a few status reports different than on st. I should look closer but it's as if the st does not respond after reset. On D+ and D- there is no ''usb'' activity for sure. Just a big gap on one of them. The USB interrupts and USB program seems ok. I have to look now if USB reset interrupt is ever called.

nopti_albe
Associate II
Posted on September 05, 2005 at 08:57

I looked at all the registers and settings. The processor receives the RESET interrupt when i plug the cable. So it senses the cable. What I don't like is the status of USB_FNR register. Should the D+ and D- lines read almost always 1 and 1? My register at 0xc0008848 reads usually 0xd800 but sometimes it is 0xc800.

Could somebody else put breakpoints and tell me what is the next interrupt taken after reset? a correct transfer interrupt or what?

Also... maybe somebody with public ip wishes to let me try on a mb393 or str711 board... this is the power of jlink over tcp/ip 😉

I am available if anybody wants to try mine...

So my usb demo program goes like this:

It looses time until i plug the cable in. It goes in the reset function. After a while it goes in suspend again and that-s it. If i eliminate the suspend/resume crap i only get the RESET interrupt once and that's it.

[ This message was edited by: tudor on 05-09-2005 14:47 ]

nopti_albe
Associate II
Posted on September 05, 2005 at 11:21

Could you give me a yahoo id or something? it would be easyer...

This is the exact example i worked with... Of course i know the jumpers 🙂 Device not recognized as usual :(

nopti_albe
Associate II
Posted on September 06, 2005 at 09:44

It seems to be a hardware problem. Both pins are high, that's why i get the errors. I will look why this happens. It is out of USB specifications for sure.

nopti_albe
Associate II
Posted on September 06, 2005 at 11:04

PROBLEM SOLVED!

It seems that the terminator circuit on my MB393 is broken. I don't know if other boards are affected but i just de-soldered the terminator resistors and put a custom circuit: a B receptacle and a pull-up resistor. And now it works once in 3 tryes and it doesn't block the entire pc anymore. I'll do it better and hope it will always work.

anil23
Associate II
Posted on November 22, 2005 at 22:43

Hi Zouh,

I tried downloading your code for both STR711(from IAR) and STR710(MB393). But when I connect the USB, it is not being recognised by the PC.

Also, the program is looping forever at

/* Wait until device is configured */

while (pInfo->Current_Configuration == 0) NOP_Process();

in the usb_prop.conf and never coming out of this loop. What do you suggest me to check?

Thanks

julien239955_stm1
Associate II
Posted on November 23, 2005 at 05:41

well well, maybe you have the same problem as I had,

check you USB hardware on your MB393 board, if you took Zouh example for IAR and it doesn't work, then it is a USB hardware problem.

I was stuck at the same place as you in the code, which is normal as you wait for USB to plug and you never see it happen...

My problem was one of the 0 Ohms resistor just behind the USBUF01WG chip was not soldered properly, so take a look at it.

There is also a bug in the usb_int.c file, which is not important for the mouse example, but if you need to adapt it and use out transfer, then it will be a pain as long as you do not find it, so I guess it will help :

Replace

if((wEPVal & (EP_SETUP|EP_CTR_RX) != 0)

with

if((wEPVal & EP_SETUP) != 0)

Regards

Julien

anil23
Associate II
Posted on November 23, 2005 at 10:50

Hi Julien,

I really appreciate your help.

I have both the boards: STR710 and STR711 (from IAR). I have looked into your other forums where you had addressed this issue earlier. I learnt that if both D+ and D- are high then there could be a problem with the R14/R13 resistor. But, the D+ is High and D- is low which makes me believe that the USBUF01WG is working fine and the resistor are soldered fine.

Again, it’s hard to believe that both the boards would loop at the same location. Let me make sure that I'm doing the right procedure:

1. Wait for the UART to display ''STR71 Mouse Demo''

2. Connect the PC USB to the board

it reaches the usb_prop.conf subroutine and loops forever.

Any suggestions...

Thanks....

anil23
Associate II
Posted on November 23, 2005 at 11:06

Update

My PC recognises the IAR STR711 board as a HID now. But, its still looping forever in current configuration. Has anyone got stuck here? Please let me know.

julien239955_stm1
Associate II
Posted on November 23, 2005 at 11:16

This is a BIG step!!

do you have a bus analyser to check the traffic on the USB?

I remember that I had to set the baud rate at 38400bds/s if I wanted the mouse example to work on the eval board.

Send me an email if you want to contact me.

Take care,

Julien

[ This message was edited by: ruliano on 23-11-2005 15:47 ]