cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] ST Visual Develop: "Access to default.wed was denied"

MTrev.1
Associate II

Hi All,

I used for several years ST Visual Develop but today I have encountered this problem. When I try to open an existing workspace, STVD raises the error "Access to default.wed was denied". I've tried to remove the default.wed and another error: "Failed to launch child process: <gdb.exe>".

Another strange behaviour is that when I'm opening a workspace, the extension .stw of the file is missing into the file type combo box !

Anyone knows why this happens? Two days ago everything worked well.

Many thanks

Massimiliano

5 REPLIES 5
MTrev.1
Associate II

I suppose that something changed with the last windows 10 update.

I solved the issue by setting the stvdebug.exe with windowsXP SP3 compatibility and run it as administrator.

mchahn
Senior

Has anyone resolved this? I'm having the same problem. Another closed post said having a space in the path to the wed file could cause the problem. But my wed file is in Pragram Files (x86) so I can't remove the space.

>  setting the stvdebug.exe with windowsXP SP3 compatibility and run it as administrator.

I don't understand this. What is "windowsXP SP3 compatibility"?

MTrev.1
Associate II

To set the compatibility: right click on the "stvdebug.exe" and select "Properties" and then "Compatibility".

Then select the "windowsXP SP3 compatibility" option.

Then I've started the program by right click and "Run as administrator".

Try with this.

mchahn
Senior

Thanks mucho, works great. As a non-windows user that was very confusing.

AHaid.1
Associate

Hi,

sorry I have also error saving workspace, even if the program is started as administrator.

Could you help please?

Thanks