cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding LSM9DS1, is it possible to derive Euler angles from Orientation registers (ORIENT_CFG_G 13h) ?

Dimitris V
Associate II

LSM9DS1 provides 3 orientation registers (ORIENT_CFG_G), but I need Euler angles instead and conversion algorithms require four orientation values. Could you help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Dimitris V​ ,

For Euler's Angles, you can refer to the Design tip DT0058, which exploits both accelerometer and gyroscope.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The LSM9DS1 has long been discontinued and obsolete for a long time, there is no more official information about it.

But maybe there is a community user who can help you?

Good luck and regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Forgot to mention: moved to Discontinued Products.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Dimitris V​ ,

For Euler's Angles, you can refer to the Design tip DT0058, which exploits both accelerometer and gyroscope.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Federica,

we are looking for a 3D accelerometer only (no gyro, no magnetometer needed) with the highest possible accuracy. For this application we could afford a higher component cost.

Could you please propose to us?

Thank you in advance.

Dimitris