cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for more information on Spirit1 SP1ML-868. Is there a way to get access to the internal schematic and to the full sources of thge original firmware theat resides on the module?

rsa_rg
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Generally internal details of radios is not publicly shared due to the potential for abuse, and drain on technical support and engineering staff. So materials might have been available under NDA, and for large customers with their own roster of staff.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @René Grosser​, to the community!

I am very sorry to inform you that the SP1ML-868 is obsolete, so no schematics, firmware or other information is available from STMicroelectronics anymore.

Even if this is not a satisfactory answer, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
rsa_rg
Associate II

Thank you Peter!

Is there a deeper reason for this policy?  In case this info was ever published I could find it somewhere else in the net!? Any hint?

/rg

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Since this was a ready-made sub-GHz module consisting of STM32L151RB, SPIRIT1 and the corresponding Balun (probably BALF-SPI-01D3), the circuit is relatively simple to imagine. However, this is not much use without the corresponding firmware. If the otherwise never-forgetting Internet no longer lists the firmware, I can't give you any hope.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
rsa_rg
Associate II

OK, last post from me here.

I am quite successful with my reverse engineering. E.g. unfortunately there is no pullup from the connection of SHD and PA1, which makes the use of the standby mode of the MCU useless, because then the MCU is High-Z on all connections and the SPIRIT1 is active. It would have saved me a lot of time if I had had access to the internals. I am still interested in finding out what information was originally publicly available to make it easier for me to search the net. I also still don't understand why this information was removed.

Regards

/rg

Generally internal details of radios is not publicly shared due to the potential for abuse, and drain on technical support and engineering staff. So materials might have been available under NDA, and for large customers with their own roster of staff.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
rsa_rg
Associate II

Thanks to both of you! Nevertheless, I am grateful for any further help if somebody reads this (PN)!