cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change/modify the spice model of MOSFET? Actually, I want to observe switching behavior of MOSFET with different Threshold Voltage Vth. So can we change the value of Vth in spice model?

Subhash
Associate

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Subhash​, to the community!

even if this were possible, why would you want to change a SPICE model?

It is originally designed to represent the real data of the MOSFET in a simulatable form. If you change this data, the model no longer corresponds to the physical device and can only be investigated theoretically and the result is no longer practically relevant?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Subhash
Associate

Hello @peter BENSCH​ 

I want to check switching behavior of MOSFET with various Vth voltage (as mentioned Vth range in datasheet). I am doing simulation on this part number: SCT012W90G3AG_V3 in LTspice. Datasheet shows range of VGS(th): 1.8 V(min), 3.1V (typ.) and 4.2V (max) as per following snapshot.
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkZozQAE.pngAnd I also observed one specific note on spice model like dR=0 dVth=0 dVsd=0 dCi=0 dCr=0 dCo=0.

Could you tell me, why this one is given with spice model?

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkZqMQAU.png 

Regards,

Subhash