Associate II
Posted on December 27, 2005 at 05:54

Interrupt question

2 REPLIES 2
sergey3
Associate II
Posted on December 25, 2005 at 13:42

Hi!

I have a question about using interrupts in Boot Loader program.

I have

MCU – ST72561

High Density Flash Memory – 60kB

IAP(In Application Programming)

The purpose of boot loader (from sector0) is programming of sectors 1 and 2 with new program.

Boot loader code and the interrupt vectors resides in the write protected sector 0.

Sector0 will never be changed again, although sector1 and sector2 can have many revisions (for new program).

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A question is –Can I use the same interrupts (for example: Can Bus Interrupts or timer8 or timer16 interrupts)

also in my Boot Loader program (in sector 0 of HDFlash which is write protected)

and also in new program (in sector1 and 2 of HDFlash Which is NOT write protected) ?

What can I do ?

Not make use of any interrupt in Boot Loader program?

To provide mechanism to use any of the interrupts in new program? How can I do this?

What happens to address of interrupt vector if I want to use that interrupt initially in boot loader and later in new program?

Report this post to a moderator

[ This message was edited by: sergeyna on 25-12-2005 18:13 ]

[ This message was edited by: sergeyna on 25-12-2005 18:14 ]

[ This message was edited by: sergeyna on 26-12-2005 06:59 ]

[ This message was edited by: sergeyna on 26-12-2005 08:26 ]

luca239955_st
Associate III
Posted on December 27, 2005 at 05:54

Hi,

this is a common problem when using IAP.

If you want to share the interrupts between your bootloader and your application, you need to redirect the physical interrupts to some place where you can write (tipycally RAM) and then update this table according to wether you are executing the bootloader or the application.

Redirecting interrupt vectors has already been discussed more than once in this forum, you can try a search.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Luca (Cosmic)