cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not able to use all features of the M24256E-FMN6TP EEPROM IC.

S0
Associate

I'm trying to interface the M24256E-FMN6TP I2C EEPROM IC. So far I'm able to write and read data from the memory area. However I'm not able to access the Identification Page and Configurable device address (CDA) register.

Apparently the model I have is shipped with the CDA register set to 0000_0000b, thus the device address is 000b. Checking the datasheet, when addressing the EEPROM it is also required to specify the Device Type Identifier which has to be set to 1010b for memory access and 1011b for accessing the Identification Page and the CDA register. Accessing the memory area is fine for read and write (taking in to account that for writing the WC pin needs to be low), for example:

[1010_0000] [ACK] [MSB_ADDR] [ACK] [LSB_ADDR] [ACK] [Data_in/out] [ACK] ...

But when I try to access the Identification Page or the CDA register I get a NACK after the first byte:

[1011_0000] [NACK]

The EEPROM is usable even without the Identification Page and the CDA register, but I want to know what I'm doing wrong and how to access those areas. Unfortunately the information in the datasheet is scarce and there are no application examples.

0 REPLIES 0