cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm looking for a replacement for BYV52PI-200. Drop-in is preferred, any help would be greatly appreciated!

AObst.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee
Active means active, otherwise it would be marked as NRND.
The main reason to recommend the STTH100W04C was the forward voltage drop, which is slightly higher compared to the BYV52PI-200. But due to the higher current-carrying capability of the newer diode, you slide down a bit with the voltage drop and thus in the desired direction of the older one.
Regards
Peter
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee
The BYV52PI-200 was a dual fast recovery rectifier with 30A per Diode and Vrr=200V in an insulated package.
STMicroelectronics does not offers a similar device in an insulated package anymore, but you could check non-isolated devices in TO-247 like the STTH100W04C.
Does it answer your question?
Regards
/Peter
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
AObst.1
Associate II

OK thank you, I did find the STTH6002CPI that might work for me. I see it's "active" is that part going obsolete? I will also check out the STTH100W04C as well.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee
Active means active, otherwise it would be marked as NRND.
The main reason to recommend the STTH100W04C was the forward voltage drop, which is slightly higher compared to the BYV52PI-200. But due to the higher current-carrying capability of the newer diode, you slide down a bit with the voltage drop and thus in the desired direction of the older one.
Regards
Peter
AObst.1
Associate II

OK great, thanks again for the great info/fast response! Out customer really does not want a redesign...which is why I was going to do some analysis on the 6002 part. But yes, if indeed this old card's design parameters lock us into the 100W04 part...then we're gonna have to send the bad news. Thanks again and have a great weekend!