cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for a replacement for the VNQ830P - Quad channel high-side driver. I need something that will handle at least 28 volts and will source a minimum of a couple of amps

JHend.4
Associate II

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @JHend.4​, to the community!

If it doesn't have to be pin-compatible, you can take a look at the following devices:

<edit> Unfortunately, their Last Order Entry Date has already passed, so they are to be considered obsolete. </edit>

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
JHend.4
Associate II

When I look them up on digikey, it says they are obsolete and no longer manufactured.

Mouser says they have 0 in stock and they are end of life.

Yeah, decade+ old parts, probably low demand/profit, fabs are only going to build things with orders against them, speculative builds aren't going to be happening in current market conditions.

VNQ5050KTR-E mostly seems to be in hands of brokers

@Peter BENSCH​ someone needs to cull the "ACTIVE" status on some of these product pages, and be more explicit about NRND/EOL statuses and dates when production will stop, has stopped or been discontinued. I think this would be especially helpful as lots of people are being pushed into redesign/refresh cycles due to the supply chain issues and general dearth of products, and reflection on whether business lines are even viable.

Addition points for a) identifying replacement parts, b) drop-in options, c) identifying ST contact points and engineering/technical sales personnel who can seek to get design-wins on refresh/refactoring efforts, d) lead-times, e) MoQ info.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you, @Community member​, for bringing this to our attention.

I fell for it myself, there is obviously room for improvement here. I have already initiated this and hope that it will be corrected as soon as possible.

@JHend.4​ I apologise for making an incorrect statement earlier. What you can definitely consider is the VNQ9080AJ, which is based on the fairly new M0-9 technology.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

When will the VNQ9080AJ be available? I asked the board shop and they said they couldn't find that part. I also checked on digikey and mouser and neither carry that part.

https://www.st.com/en/automotive-analog-and-power/vnq9080aj.html#sample-buy

Says to contact local sales office

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..