cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure M24C02-WMN6TP with HDMI and an ITE6801FN chip ?

Romain Quesada
Associate

Hello everyone !

I created a design based on this board from TI : TIDA-00325

The goal is to create board converting a HDMI input in another format. I'm not really familiar with the HDMI protocol but it seems an EEPROM is often used with it, that's why I chose the M24C02-WMN6TP.

I would like to know how this component is configured, do I need to configure it myself before or will it work just by connecting it on the I2C bus (already connected to the ITE6801FN and the HMDI port) ?

Since english is not my first language, let me know if you want me to rephrase it or if I need to give further information.

Best regards,

Romain.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Romain Quesada​, to the community!

Well, an EEPROM like the M24C02-WMN6TP is a non-volatile memory where data is stored, which normally does not require configuration.

However, if the IT6801FN needs a pre-configuration from the EEPROM for its work, you have to ask the manufacturer of the IT6801FN.

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Romain Quesada​, to the community!

Well, an EEPROM like the M24C02-WMN6TP is a non-volatile memory where data is stored, which normally does not require configuration.

However, if the IT6801FN needs a pre-configuration from the EEPROM for its work, you have to ask the manufacturer of the IT6801FN.

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Romain Quesada
Associate

Thank you for your time and have a nice day !

Romain.