cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I have a board with IC 1821-5613 REV1.4(H99TU0406) manufactered by STM and cannot find datasheet for it internet.

DSapo.1
Associate II

Usually the ST has a lot of documentation of their products. I also found few people also write in Internet that it is impossible to find any information about this ST product

If somebody can share more information about this IC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @DS.5apoundjiev​, to the community!

This device has long been obsolete, which is why no more information is available from STMicroelectronics for it. We are very sorry that we cannot help you any further.

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @DS.5apoundjiev​, to the community!

This device has long been obsolete, which is why no more information is available from STMicroelectronics for it. We are very sorry that we cannot help you any further.

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Usage suggests it's a custom part used by HP, so technical data probably isn't available to outside parties.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
DSapo.1
Associate II

Thank you @Community member​ 

I had some doubts that HP ordered this IC to STM, and STM designed and manufactured it.

DSapo.1
Associate II

Thank you @Peter BENSCH​ for the reply

but ti looks like there never been public documentation and the reason is not that the IC is obsolete.

There is also no new substitution of this IC.

At least is good to know that I have to speak with HP and not to STM. But because the ST name is on the IC I started to search and ask in STM direction.

Also, are you sure that this IC is obsolete at all, because HP uses it even today and many other companies also.(what are your sources of information, did you speak with colleagues, or you have some database with this info, or you were part of the dev team)

Yes, I am sure that the device produced by STMicroelectronics is obsolete. However, it is possible that it was something like an ASIC that was also produced by other manufacturers with the same number. But neither to other manufacturers, nor to the former device from STMicroelectronics is any statement possible, everything else would be speculation.

I am extremely sorry not to be able to give a more positive and pleasant answer.

Regards

/Peter

Thank you, Peter 👍

You're welcome!

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Regards

/Peter