cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greetings. During one of my restoration of an old TV I have come across a discontinued component from this company. The component appears to be a Voltage Regulator with a part number of CHN 736. Could anyone kindly provide any specs for it? Thanks.

IZARI.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Great, the hiding game has been resolved!

The component in question is or was the STP15NK50ZFP, already obsolete for some time. If you need to replace it, you could opt for the STP20NM60FP.

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @IZARI.1​, to the community!

The given character string only indicates the place of manufacture and the date code, but does not allow any conclusion to be drawn about the respective component. It is always best to upload a photo that is as recognisable and legible as possible, because this makes the analysis much easier.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
JMala.3
Associate III

There is a TI (Texas Instruments) voltage regulator TPS736. Its likely the part you are looking for is a 3rd party copy of this part.

IZARI.1
Associate II

@Peter BENSCH​ Apologies for the delay, the image I can currently provide is not the best but hopefully it gives you a better idea of what we are dealing with. Also I realized I made a spelling error, the number is apparently 734, not 736. If a better quality image is needed I will disassemble the TV again to get a better one.

@JMala.3​ Thank you very much! I suspect that those are indeed the specs that I am looking for, only problem is that my part is a 3-Pin one which makes me skeptical. Perhaps I should have mentioned that in my initial post but take another look and let me know.

0693W00000VOVCjQAP.jpg

JMala.3
Associate III

I did a google for the corrected part number, and I did find a reference

CHN 734 | 3dPrintBD

https://3dprint.com.bd › eeic025-a-chn-734-21707

CHN 734CHN 734 LINEAR VOLTAGE REGULATOR Output Voltage12 V Maximum Output Current 1.5A Package TypeTO-220. Output Type Fixed Maximum Input Voltage 35 V

Sounds like a standard 12v voltage regulator in a TO220 package. Unfortunately clicking the link does not work.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Slowly we are getting closer to the matter, because it seems to be a component in TO-220FP (fully insulated TO-220) from STMicroelectronics. However, as I already wrote, the part of the marking visible under the bracket is only place and date of manufacture.

Now you could guess what the actual component marking is, which is unfortunately hidden by the bracket in the photo, but it should be quite easy to remove. It is probably a linear regulator L78xx, which is available in various versions - but you will only have the final confirmation after removing the bracket.

Regards

/Peter

IZARI.1
Associate II

@Peter BENSCH​ @JMala.3​ 

Greetings and thank you very much for all your help. As per Peter's suggestion I went ahead and removed the bracket covering the part number, so I believe we have found our solution. The part in question appears to be a P15NK50ZFP MOSFET N-CH 500V 14A TO-220FP. Attaching relevant photo for reference and I think we can consider this thread as SOLVED. 0693W00000WKLBcQAP.jpg

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Great, the hiding game has been resolved!

The component in question is or was the STP15NK50ZFP, already obsolete for some time. If you need to replace it, you could opt for the STP20NM60FP.

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter