cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC582B-DIS (Can't connect target!)

BKim.5
Associate II

I have bought the SPC582B-DIS EVB from Mouser. (SPC582B-DIS STMicroelectronics | Mouser Korea, Republic of)

However, this product doesn't work normally. I think there is a problem with FDTI Dirver chip as below.

So, I asked Mouser for a refund. However, they asked me to confirm from ST that there was a problem with the product. Please, help me for a refund.

0693W000007EG6BQAW.png 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zambrano.luigi
Senior III

Hi,

the suspect is that the issue is in the FTDI chip. There could be a programming issue. You should refer to PLS for checking the FTDI programming. Otherwise, you have to ask the board replacement.

Regards,

Luigi

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
zambrano.luigi
Senior III

Hi,

this error message could occur if there is a problem on the FDI connection or if you have selected a wrong debug configuration script. Please, could you specify which version of the PLS debugger are you using and which target configuration are you using?

Regards,

Luigi

BKim.5
Associate II

HI,

We have three SPC582B-DIS, one is operating normally under the same conditions, and the other 2EA is problematic.

We have used a PLS debugger built in SPC582B-DIS.

UDESTK Version i s 5.02.04.

Thank you.

zambrano.luigi
Senior III

Hi,

could you check on the boards the revision number? (please, see the picture in attachment. Moreover, could you confirm that you have selected as Target Configuration within UDE PLS the following one: STM Chorus 1M SPC58 Discovery Starter Kit with SPC582B60?

Regards,

Luigi

BKim.5
Associate II

Hi,

I set the target configuration well.

Please, refer to the revision number of board. (Rev 1.1)

0693W000008G6pnQAC.jpg 

Thank you.

zambrano.luigi
Senior III

Hi,

the suspect is that the issue is in the FTDI chip. There could be a programming issue. You should refer to PLS for checking the FTDI programming. Otherwise, you have to ask the board replacement.

Regards,

Luigi

Dlee.11
Associate

Hello Zambrano,

Hope you are doing well

I am working for Mouser Electronics and received the issue from our customer as above.

In regards to 2 pcs of part#SPC582B-DIS which seems to have programming issue, could you please advise whether the parts will be returned to ST or can be scrapped if we would like to proceed sending replacement or refund? Please advise. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Dan Lee

Hello Zambrano,

Any update? Please advise if we would like to refund 2 pcs of part#SPC582B-DIS customer received, theses will be returned to ST or can be scrapped by themselves. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Dan Lee