cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC58EC No JTAG client found ! in windows 10

trishuynh
Associate II

Dear community members,

I am following the tutorials from ST via: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vn_cRUfRag&list=PLnMKNibPkDnEju3j_qhe-MFK-NnwD_kuP&index=7&ab_channel=STMicroelectronics

I am currently using SPC58EC but when I load workspace from UDE STK 2021 in windows 10 it said that:

Message from component 'PpcJtagTargIntf' :
Can't connect target !

Message from component 'PpcJtagTargIntf' :
No JTAG client found !
Please check:
- target power supply
- JTAG cable connection
- target configuration

Eventhough I already enabled load VCP and reinstalled with UDE STK 5.02.04 but it still can't connect target. Whenever I press retry, my board flashed a green LED D5. I upload the log file as well as device manager and error pics. Please help me.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

TH.

trishuynh_0-1716714115632.png

trishuynh_1-1716714144960.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Yes, you need to power the 12V, the USB will not supply the microcontroller.

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Max VIZZINI
ST Employee

Hi,

The issue is with the FTDI drivers probably not recognized in your PC.

Download and install according to your Window Version    Drivers - FTDI (ftdichip.com)

After connect the board via USB, and check in the Device Manager folder in Windows that UDE has been properly recognized.

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team

P.S. In alternative to UDE, you can try OpenOCD (the explanation is the Welcome page videos of AutoDevKit Studio).

Dear Max Vizzini,

My board is AEK-MCU-C4MLIT1 and when I read the manual it said that the debugger works with the UDE PLS software. When I installed FTDI driver as you told me, I still face the same issue eventhough all the drivers and software are installed. In addition, I connect the board with my laptop using usb cable only and do I need to power the board with 12v DC all the time? because the part 7 of the ST's tutorial did not power the board with 12v adapter (the picture below).

Any help would be very much appreciated.

TH.

trishuynh_0-1716832251367.png

Hi,

Yes, you need to power the 12V, the USB will not supply the microcontroller.

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team