cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC58 4B Line - 32 bit Power Architecture automotive MCU We are using 2 CAN channels, subsystem 0 : MCAN0_0, subsystem 1 : MCAN1_1 both using same RAM_CAN0 Channel 1 : Tx possible. Channel 2 : Error Problem: Acknowledgement error on can analyzer

AOliv.8
Associate

Problem: Acknowledgement error on can analyzer

We are able to get the transmit data on TxFIFO Registers for CAN channel 2 but hardware is unable to transmit the message on the CAN channel 2.

May I know what we can do to correct this problem asap?

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bl3NeQAI.png #[STM32 MCUs]​ #STM32CubeIDE​ #[SPC5 Automotive MCUs]​ #SPC5Studio​ #SPC5x​ #CAN​ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DCARR
Associate III

Hi,

if I`m well understanding you are using the CAN_SUB_0_MESSAGE_RAM for both controllers MCAN0_0 and MCAN1_1.

This configuration is wrong because the controllers are from different subsystems, and you are only using the shared ram from subsystem 0. To avoid errors, you should configure the CAN_SUB_0_MESSAGE_RAM for MCAN0_0 and CAN_SUB_1_MESSAGE_RAM for MCAN1_1.

Controllers from subsystem 0 should use the subsystem 0 shared ram and the same is for controllers from subsystem 1 that should use subsystem 1 shared ram.

Best regards

Domenico

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DCARR
Associate III

Hi,

if I`m well understanding you are using the CAN_SUB_0_MESSAGE_RAM for both controllers MCAN0_0 and MCAN1_1.

This configuration is wrong because the controllers are from different subsystems, and you are only using the shared ram from subsystem 0. To avoid errors, you should configure the CAN_SUB_0_MESSAGE_RAM for MCAN0_0 and CAN_SUB_1_MESSAGE_RAM for MCAN1_1.

Controllers from subsystem 0 should use the subsystem 0 shared ram and the same is for controllers from subsystem 1 that should use subsystem 1 shared ram.

Best regards

Domenico