cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L99LDLH32 CAN FD LED driver not generating internal 5V and 3.3V. Please help on evaluating

NLima.2
Associate

I am using the below L99LDLH32 CAN FD LED driver. However, I cannot get the 5v and 3.3V on pin 33 & pin 34. The supply Vs is given at 12V and Vpre_Reg is at 5V

Will the below circuit work independently (without any CAN/SW commands)? Does it need any software commands? I also connected the LED loads on all OUT pins. Are there any recommendations

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhlMSQAY.png

1 REPLY 1
VPOLI.1
Associate

Hello,

The circuit is not working independently. As soon as you connect VS and VPREREG supplies without doing any other actions the IC will reach the STANDBY state with regulators and output currents OFF.

According to device FSM (described in the IC datasheet) in order to make it going out from STANDBY state you could act in two ways:

1) HW way putting and leaving high (at 3.3V or 5V) DIN pin;

2) Using the CAN interface sending a CAN command called WUP (Wake Up Pattern) that is described in the DS; Using this method the IC will remain woken up in FS state for 15ms, within this time you need to send the CAN command to go in BUSMODE (with WD refresh active) in order to operate as you want on the current setting and Duty Cycle registers (to turn ON the wanted LED string);

Once the IC is woken-up you'll see 3.3V and 5V regulators up and running and the IC will be in FS state operating according what has been programmed in the NVM. You need then to send the CAN command to go in BUSMODE (with WD refresh active) in order to operate as you want, using CAN interface, on the current setting and Duty Cycle registers (to turn ON the wanted LED string).