cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intoduction to Multi-Core

Msert.1
Associate III

Hi,

It is a SPC56EC Dual core sample project which comes with SPCStudio (I imported the project form your library) and I have some questions. The screenshot is attached.

1- When we use dual core at the same time, how do they memory sharing? They share same memory or not?

2- We enable the core_0 with the runCore(); statement and program goes to "int main_core0(void)" function. My question is how program knows to must go there. main_core0 is a uniqe identifier or I can give a name it randomly?

3- Have setting done in sample project about for relating peripherals and cores? For example, when I initialize ADC module in Low Level Driver Comp., for using core 0 or core1; I just should add module's functions in related function ( I mean for using ADC module in Core_0 then I should add main_core0 function).

Stay safe,

Best Regards

0693W000005B5zpQAC.png

1 REPLY 1
Giuseppe DI-GIORE
ST Employee

I assume you are referring to SPC58EC example.

1) Multicore example delivered with SPC5Studio memory is shared across the two cores.

2) main_core0 is a symbol that is used crt0.s file. See this file to understand how main_core0 symbol is used.

3) Yes your understanding is correct: any function called by main_core0() will be executed on Core_0. Any function called by main() will be executed by Core_2

Regards,

Giuseppe