cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexcan problem on spc560B64L7

CLamb.2267
Associate II

hello everyone,

I use the spc560B064 chip for my project with 5 flexcan (flexcan0, flexcan1, flexcan2, flexcan4, flexcan5) use on the board.

I use the SPC560Bxx LowLevel driver generate by SPC5studio (v6.0) everything is good with the two first can unit but when I try to send frame with the flexcan 5 nothing happen (no activity on tx pin) the transmit code of the mailbox pass to 0x0C after transmit function call but stay at this value.

I double check and output pin are well configure, the Tx pin go high after init and stay there... even if I populate a tx mail box. PCR register for ouput pin and padsel for input are at good value.

Is anyone have an idea about the problem?

Thanks by advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CLamb.2267
Associate II

Hi,

Yes the flexcan is connected to a tranceiver (fault tolerant low speed) and after some check around this it appear that the Rx Pin is continously low... so flexcan module (I think) try to receive something or lost arbitration again and again... after configuring the Rx pin with pull up in siul register the problem disapear and i can communicate in both tx and rx direction.

Problem solve,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
zambrano.luigi
Senior III

Hi,

is the FlexCAN5 connected with a CAN transceiver ?

Regards,

Luigi

CLamb.2267
Associate II

Hi,

Yes the flexcan is connected to a tranceiver (fault tolerant low speed) and after some check around this it appear that the Rx Pin is continously low... so flexcan module (I think) try to receive something or lost arbitration again and again... after configuring the Rx pin with pull up in siul register the problem disapear and i can communicate in both tx and rx direction.

Problem solve,

zambrano.luigi
Senior III

Good news!

Regards,

Luigi