Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flashing SPC560B uC on custom board and code portability

NSood.1
Associate

@Hi FOlks, @Erwan YVIN​ 

Intro and Question no.1 as follows:

What is the HW programmer I can use to burn the flash on SPC56B line of uCs embedded in my custom board/design!?

Question no.2 as follows:

I have been since working with the SPC56B-Discovery board with a SPC560B54L5 onboard which is larger in size(144pins) and as I don't need that many pins so wanted to go with a SPC560B50L1 with 64 pins LQFP package but I'm not sure if they would be code to code compatible with the bigger 144pin (SPC560B54L5 ) uC!?

1 REPLY 1
zambrano.luigi
Senior III

Hi

about the question n.1, for the firmware flashing and debugging we use the UDE PLS Debugger.

About the question n.2, as you can see from the attachment, if you compare the SCP560B54L5 with the SPC560B50L1, the 2 MCUs have a different FLASH size, a different RAM size, a different number of peripherals and a different number of pins. So, if the firmware is designed for the SPC560B54L5, it will be compatible with the SPC560B50L1 only if

1. the Flash size and Ram size of SPC560B50L1 are enough
  2. the firmware uses peripherals present on both MCUs, otherwise the selected peripherals must be updated.
  3. the firmware uses pins present on both MCUs, otherwise the pins must be updated.

Regards,

Luigi