cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comunication interfaces for SPC58NG-DISP

RD'Ig
Associate II

Hi,

I saw the user manual of the SPC58NG-DISP, in particular is the document called UM2255, and I have a doubt about the communication interface module shown. (image attach)

I'd like to know if it is possible to have 2 CAN for this board.

Where can I find this module? Are there others (CAN interface)? Is there somewhere a more detailed user manual?

Thanks,

Rob

2 REPLIES 2
NMazz.2
Associate II

You will only be able to connect to one can without external hardware.

Per the schematic you can purchase another TJA transceiver (any trans should work) and connect it to CAN 4 on the P301A header (along with GPIOs) if you would like two cans up and running. I found the documentation to not be as great either. Just a heads up there is no dev project for external CAN for this dev kit so you will need to map the CAN transceiver pins up correctly on your own. Set the STB, Wake, En as GPIO pin and set them high and read back ERR pin as a precaution and everything else should work.

0693W00000BcDnGQAV.png 

The schematic is helpful.

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/layouts_and_diagrams/schematic_pack/group0/67/3c/e9/1c/a5/85/49/9e/spc58_schem/files/SPC58NG-DISP_Schem.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.SPC58NG-DISP_Schem.pdf

Thanks for the answer, I'll try the setup you have described.

it is a pity that the documentation is so poor, perhaps because it is assumed that those who use these boards have a lot of experience with these microcontrollers.