Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 Hours coding 2017 ''ST Amazing Race Car''

Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on February 28, 2017 at 10:36

Title Document: 24 Hours coding 2017 ''ST Amazing Race Car''

The annual event took place on 21 and 22 January at the CCI of Le Mans in Sarthe , France. ST Le Mans proposed this year the simulation of a car race. 

Ghislain Ballester, Michel Wojdaszka, Erwan Yvin and Philippe Noël have designed 10 'intelligent car' models that can react, be remotely controlled and become autonomous, using a microcontroller of the automotive family ADG SPC5 Studio.

(SPC56D)

3 steps for competitors: garage mode, sensor mode (semi-auto) and automatic control.

• Create a remote control, a dashboard either via Android (via bluetooth link) or by serial link on PC which can control the organs of the car in real time (leds and motors)

• Interact with external events (night, rain, emergency ...) in semi-automatic mode with sensors (simulated by pushbuttons)

• Communicate the position of the car via a GPS link on a virtual map and create an autopilot that follows a given trajectory.

After 24 hours of challenge, the team 'The SWAG unicorns' won the prize.

a blog project should be available soon on

1 REPLY 1
Anthony Jaspers
Associate

Hi Erwan,

After a long pause (had kids...), and after this years 24h session, I've decided it was time to restart this project again!

This time from scratch!

I've downloaded the latest SPC5 studio & UDESTK software, and found the right drivers for PLS debugging. I managed to make some LEDs work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z-JMT9nC6Q

I don't have much time but I'll slowly make this car a virtual racing car again 😉

Next step, check if the motors still work and set a traccar server up! Oh and use ChibiOs... Man, so many things to do.. 🙂