cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3 board have an extra LIS2DW12 3-axis accelerometer ( LSM6DSO 3-axis accelerometer + 3-axis gyroscope already exists)?

QShan.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Ciao @QShan.1​ ,

Yes, for the LIS2DW12 is not taken into account, but considering that it is a ultra low power accelerometer, for some applications requiring low consumptions, it could be used without the IMU.

If this helps to better understand X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3 functionalities, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Select as Best" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster. 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @QShan.1​ ,

Welcome to ST Community!

It is an evaluation board system and depending on the applications there may be users who need to use only the accelerometer without having to use the IMU.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
QShan.1
Associate II

Many thanks for your answer, Federica. LIS2DW12 is a redundacy sensor. Example of Fusion9X_IKS01A3.ino does not take it in account. Is my undersatanding correct?

Qingshan

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Ciao @QShan.1​ ,

Yes, for the LIS2DW12 is not taken into account, but considering that it is a ultra low power accelerometer, for some applications requiring low consumptions, it could be used without the IMU.

If this helps to better understand X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3 functionalities, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Select as Best" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster.