cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can i get the download for the updated SensorTileBox firmware, SENSORTILE.BOX_v341.bin?

TJM
Senior

I captured it when the device asked for the update but the file may have gotten corrupted. Loaded v3.41 using STLinkv2 and the sensortilebox now appears to be dead. The file I have is 726691 bytes and doesn't appear to work. Sensortile won't boot, no LEDs.

thanks,

tjm

25 REPLIES 25

Hi @TJM​ ,

may I ask you how does it not work?

Were you able to flash the code?

Does it turn on?

TJM
Senior

Good morning. Thanks for the reply. This may be a duplicate reply as I'm not sure the reply from my phone actually got transmitted. Anyway, I have no problems flashing any of the firmwares to the sensortile box, but only with the STLinkv2. The update using the android app doesn't work for me. The sensortile box with v3.4.1 appears to turn on and briefly flash the LEDs when connected to power but there is no connection to the phone app. After the initial LED flash it appears to be dead and It also doesn't appear to be transmitting or receiving any signals. However, if I reflash any earlier firmware (I'm now back to v3.3.5) the unit powers up and connects quickly, perfectly and with no issues. The phone app is v4.7.1 and I believe there was an update since the last time I worked with the sensortile box. Maybe there is some incompatibility with the v3.4.1 firmware and the latest android app version.

It's all right, no duplicates whatsoever.

Anyway, have you ever read the print from the .box on a terminal (like Termite)?

(having usb and programmer attached to the board, you should open the terminal and choose the right port)

with that, you should be able to tell what is wrong with the initialization procedure.

let me know if you need further help setting it up.

TJM
Senior

Niccolo, thanks for the suggestion. I think I've found the issue but not the actual problem.

ST BLE Sensor v4.7.1 for Android will not connect to the sensortile.box using firmware v3.4.1

If I drop back to firmware v3.3.5 then all versions of ST BLE Sensor for Android will work.

ST BLE Sensor v4.6.1 WILL connect to sensortile.box with firmware v3.4.1, as well as any other firmware version, with no problems.

It appears the issue is with the Android application ST BLE Sensor v4.7.1 . If there is some configuration that I'm overlooking to make v4.7.1 work then please let me know.

tjm

Thank you for the clarification @TJM​ , I will contact the app team and try to check where is the compatibility problem.

I did not have this issue with my phone, so it could be telephone or OS dependent.

Are you still using the Motorola G5 Plus with Android 8.1?

TJM
Senior

New development with this MotoG5Plus and Android 8.1. I've cleared all of the cache and data from the v4.6.1 app, uninstalled then reinstalled this version. This worked, as expected. I then upgraded the app to v4.7.1, rechecked the permissions then re-flashed the v3.4.1 firmware to the sensortile.box and it now appears to connect normally. I suspect that my older version of both the phone and Android left something behind during an upgrade that prevented the connection. There's no way to pinpoint the issue and it's probably not worth investing any more time for this older phone.

Thanks,

tjm

you are welcome @TJM​ , I know that cache can become a problem when upgrading for certain phones, we are continuously looking into it and trying to fix what we can.

Sudhir
Associate III

The firmware upgrade 3.4.3 provides only SD Logging. I am using the latest version of the ST BLE Sensor app on the Android. Where can I get 3.4.x that provides the Pro functions.

Hi @Sudhir​ ,

I see you correctly posted your query as a new request (here), so I will refer to this thread.

-Eleon

TJM
Senior

Good afternoon, Eleon and/or Niccolo.

Can you please post the latest SensorTileBox firmware here? I believe it is v3.4.3.

Thanks,

Tony