cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the difference between STEVAL-IDP005V2 vs STEVAL-IDP005V1

GVall.2
Associate II

hallo everyone,

i would like to kno what is the difference between io link sensor  STEVAL-IDP005V2 vs STEVAL-IDP005V1. i could see version2 has a io link stack but no version1. is it possible to add io link stack to version 1?.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The STEVAL-IDP005V1 was part of the STEVAL-BFA001V1B, but it is NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs).

Yes, an IO-Link stack can be added, please get in contact with TE-Concept.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
GVall.2
Associate II

Thank you for the answer. so can i use software package STSW-BFA001V2 for STEVAL-IDP005V1 instead of STSW-BFA001V1 fur STEVAL-IDP005V1

Can you please explain what is does it really means NRND. what are the limititation?.

Thanking you.

It means they won't support new designs with new customers for this part, and the longevity of the part is questionable.

Either it has been replacement by a newer part, or the line has been deemed unsupportable going forward.

Your local sales/support contacts might be able to provide specific reasons and decision drivers related to the movement to DRND

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..