cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPS225HBTR has a pin INT_DRDY. Can I ground the pin? What are the pros and cons?

AKulk.3
Associate

I am trying to replace BME280 with this MEMS sensor from ST LPS225HB. The chips are pin to pin compatible except INT_DRDY pin. I dont want to know when the data is ready because my f/w takes care of data update periodically. Usually my application doesn't see too much change in pressure and temperature measurement. Kindly let me know what will happen if the pin is directly shorted to ground. Will it damage the chip?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The LPS225HBTR has been discontinued and is no longer available, at best in residual quantities.

Pressure sensors have to get smaller and smaller, which is why this large package has been replaced, which unfortunately requires a redesign of the circuit board.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The LPS225HBTR has been discontinued and is no longer available, at best in residual quantities.

Pressure sensors have to get smaller and smaller, which is why this large package has been replaced, which unfortunately requires a redesign of the circuit board.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @AKulk.3​ ,

Peter is right, please check another sensor in ST portfolio, even if not pin-to-pin / footprint compatible with BME280...

As a general note, the INT_DRDY pin of the LPS225HB is open-drain, so you can set it at GND if not used.

-Eleon