cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upload the "Human Activity Recognition App" in Sensortile.box

SPANA.1
Associate II

Hi,

We are trying to evaluate Sensortile.box (STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1). I downloaded the apk from the ST Website for android app and installed it.

I followed the steps mentioned in UM2580. When I tried to connect the device to app. It was asking for firmware upgrade. I did the firmware upgrade. It completed. Later. I again connected to the device and using the play button, I uploaded the PEDOMETER APP. App was uploaded successfully.

Step Counting is happening in the app. However, When I try to upload the Human activity Recognition app, it displays Timeout error (See attached image).

I have gone through the previous posts with similar reported issues. Using STLINK, I erased the flash and loaded the BLEFOTA_BL_1.0.0.bin. (After loading this .bin file, device name changed to stboot. I was unable to upload any apps like pedometer etc.

I am also observing that the device becomes unresponsive after few minutes and is not discoverable from the app. Request you to suggest how to resolve the timeout error. Please provide resolution at the earliest.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
SPANA.1
Associate II

Hi, 

I have updated the case based on the latest observation. Please provide the resolution at the earliest.

SPANA.1
Associate II

Hi, 

I checked further on the ST Forum to resolve the issue and as per the suggestion mentioned in the following link, ( https://community.st.com/t5/mems-sensors/how-to-restore-sensortile-box-to-factory-defaults/m-p/197925) I have updated the firmware to "SensorTile.box_V347_bin". After the firmware update, I am able to load the Human Activity Recognition app and test the activity (Walking, Jogging, Stationary). App is loading and is able to indicate the Walking, Jogging, Stationary activities. However, Driving activity indication is not showing when I tested while driving in CAR. App was displaying Stationary icon instead of driving icon.

App prompts to do a firmware upgrade to "SENSORTILE.BOX_V349.bin". If we do the firmware upgrade then Human activity Recognition app will not get uploaded, Timeout error is displayed. (Please see attached image). Currently, I am cancelling the firmware upgrade option so that I can test the Human activity recognition feature.

I need clarification regarding the output provided by IC. Ex. Will the IC provide Step count/Walking/Jogging/Stationary States or do we need to process the accelerometer/gyroscope data from IC and then calculate step count or other features on the external MCU.

I want to evaluate Tap and Tilt functions. Is it possible to evaluate by creating a new app.