cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UM2116 NOT Updated with MKI239A Info (“number of data bytes coming after *start” and "setdb")

ZSong
Associate III

Hi,

I am using MKI109V3 with Unico Lite and MKI239A. Following UM1064, I need to edit the source code to add MKI239 as additional evaluation board for a combo of acclerometer and gyroscope.

The UM1064, user manual of Unico Lite, suggests to find “number of data bytes coming after *start” and "setdb" from UM2116. But the relevant information for MKI239A is not included in UM2116/Table 4 "Returned values for *start command". 

May I kindly ask if this information could be provided? Thanks a lot! I am trying to make everything work before Christmas. 

P.S. Below are two screenshot from UM1064 (Section 1 and Section 3.1), showing it is supposed to be straightforward to add new evaluation boards, as long as info is provided in UM2116 table 4...

ZSong_0-1702573159736.png

ZSong_1-1702573245788.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ZSong ,

A new user manual will be released soon with all the new products.

In the meantime I write you the returned values for *start command for MKI239A:

s t ACC_XH ACC_XL ACC_YH ACC_YL ACC_ZH ACC_ZL GYRO_XH GYRO_XL GYRO_YH GYRO_YL GYRO_ZH GYRO_ZL Acc_INT1 Acc_INT2 FSMLC_INT FSM1 PEDO_L PEDO_H DT1 DT2 DT3 DT4 Temp_L Temp_H sw1|sw2 U \r \n

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ZSong ,

A new user manual will be released soon with all the new products.

In the meantime I write you the returned values for *start command for MKI239A:

s t ACC_XH ACC_XL ACC_YH ACC_YL ACC_ZH ACC_ZL GYRO_XH GYRO_XL GYRO_YH GYRO_YL GYRO_ZH GYRO_ZL Acc_INT1 Acc_INT2 FSMLC_INT FSM1 PEDO_L PEDO_H DT1 DT2 DT3 DT4 Temp_L Temp_H sw1|sw2 U \r \n

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks so much!!! @Federica Bossi 

May I further ask how I should determine the "number of data bytes" for your provided returned values? Should I consider each element (e.g. ACC_XH) as 1 byte and simply add them up?

Also for the "*setdb" for MKI239A, should it be *setdb239, or *setdb239a, or perhaps *setdb239aV1?

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ZSong ,

You can try *setdb239a.

Yes, each element is 1 byte and you can add them up considering s as byte 0.

Thanks! *setdb239a works!