cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSO32 Pedometer

Buse
Associate II

Hi,

I designed a special board that includes the LSM6DSO32 sensor. I can get gyro and accelometer data from this sensor correctly. But even though I enable the pedometer output in the embedded function part of the datasheet, I can't get it. Can you help me step by step what to do?

I would appreciate if you write step by step which data I will send to which register to make a step counter.

Thanks for helps.

Buse.

7 REPLIES 7
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Buse​ ,

In order to enable the pedometer functions it is necessary to set the P EDO_EN bit of the EMB_FUNC_EN_A embedded functions register to 1. The algorithm internal state can be re-initialized by asserting the STEP_DET_INIT bit of the EMB_FUNC_INIT_A embedded functions register. 

A basic SW routine which shows how to enable step counter detection is as follows:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bl6daQAA.pngFor specific details have a look at AN5473 here pag. 54-56.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @Federica Bossi 

The link to AN5473 is dead and I can't find this application note on ST site. Why ST decided to remove it?

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @grzegorz ,

A new application note version has been released and you find it in our website in the documentation page, you can find the direct link to AN5505 here.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Federica Bossi 

I know this document. Unfortunately it's completly different than AN5473. It's not a new version. Please take a look and compare them. For example in AN5505 there is not a single word about the pedometer. The documentation page doesn't provide any document helping with pedometer configuration. Actually your comment is the only source of information on ST website on initializing pedometer in LSM6DSO32 😀 I spent a lot of time looking for information, especially one very important: pedometer needs ODR=26Hz, it doesn't work with any other ODR. Please bring back AN5473.

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @grzegorz ,

You are right, I didn't notice that it is only about the finite state machine.

I advised the team to reload the Application Note as soon as possible. I will let you know as soon as it will be released. Sorry for that and thank you for your patience!

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @grzegorz ,

The Application Notes are now available on our website here

Thanks for your patience!

Great! Thank you @Federica Bossi !