cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature sensor on LIS2HH12 accelerometer

Jose Marcelino
Associate
Posted on June 19, 2017 at 20:00

We're using the LIS2HH12 accelerometer and there's a temperature sensor listed in the datasheet accessible via the temp_L and temp_H registers (16 bits).

However the numbers I get don't make any sense.

The datasheet mentions 'Temperature sensor output change vs. temperature' of 8 digit/�C

11-bit resolution, -40 to 80C range and that the it uses two's complement, but I can't find a way to make the readings return any meaningful value.

What do these 

temp_L and temp_H numbers really mean? Thank you.

#lis2hh12 #temperature-sensor
12 REPLIES 12
Posted on March 06, 2018 at 21:29

But what about TEMP_OFFSET? I receive almost the same value, my 11 bits data is ~2025. So if i will count like you, I'll receive −2,875. But my measument was in room conditions. So, must I add 25 centigrades to get 22,125, what looks more real?

And if yes, how do you know about 25 offset? Nowhere is it written.

Posted on March 07, 2018 at 14:38

The temperature sensor can be used to measure temperature variations. 

It isn't suitable to return absolute temperatures measures. The value represents difference respect to a reference not specified value.

The offset can be ~ 25°C but it is not guaranteed, the deviation can be big.

To get exact value you have to calibrate each device.

Do you have an idea of what the tolerance is on the reference? Are we talking 25C +-2C or +-1C or +-0.5C ???? Do we have a typical? Is there a relationship to the temp sensor in this device and the temp sensor in LM135 or LM235 or LM335A with their uncalibrated specs?