cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STWIN export ISM330DHCX_MLC.dat to .csv

arisloupas
Associate

Hi,

I am loading a .ucf file on the STWIN using the ST BLE Sensor Classic app, and then performing data logging using an SD card. In the resulting SD card files (STWIN_XXXXX) I get some files, including ISM330DHCX_MLC.dat, the outputs/classifications of the MLC that I want to save (instead of just viewing them in the app). 

Using the HSDPython_SDK examples from the FP_SNS_DATALOG1 package, I am able to export the .dat files for the raw sensor data (e.g. ISM330DHCX_ACC.dat), using the "hsdatalog_data_export.py" script, but not for the ISM330DHCX_MLC.dat. file (which I can plot and view as a dataframe, but I am unable to export it to a .csv/.tsv file).

Can you let me know how I can export the contents of the ISM330DHCX_MLC.dat file to a .csv/.tsv file? Is there a specific command line argument I should specify, or should I tweak something inside the "hsdatalog_data_export.py" script?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
SPRAD.1
ST Employee

Hello @arisloupas 

I'd like to double check your issue. It seems a bug related to one of our Python packages.

Please, can you answer to those question?

• Can you share with us the .ucf you are using and the entire acquisition folder?
  • Which version of FP-SNS-DATALOG1 are you referring to?
  • A further confirmation: the mlc data you are plotting and seeing as pandas dataframe are the expected one? I would be sure that mlc data are not corrupted.

Are you aware about FP-SNS-DATALOG2? Is the newer and upgraded version of our datalogger firmware and Python SDK. It is still supporting STWIN and the SDK is compatible also with DATALOG1 acquisitions.

Can you check if the issue still persists by using the latest Python SDK distributed in DATALOG2?

Best regards

Simone