cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F405 connected with asm330lhh not able to receive gyroscope data

Oaf
Associate II

Hi,

I am working on interfacing an STM32F405 with the ASM330lhh and have been able to utilize both I2C and SPI communication to the chip. I am able to turn on and read the accelerometer and temperature as well as the status bit become 0x05 but trying to turn on the gyroscope with and without the accelerometer already activated I get no status bit and no data is outputted via the gyro's registers.

I am writing 0x11,0x60 to turn on the gyro and reading the registers starting at 0x22. one thing to note is that when turning on the gyroscope while using I2C the entire line breaks after modifying the register, on SPI this doesn't happen but there is no change in the gyro data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Oaf
Associate II

The gyroscope was not provided power

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RhSilicon
Lead

Have you checked the interaction of other registers? (Unfortunately the ST documents may have been written very succinctly and every comma may be important)

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but one thing I have noticed after further testing after setting the 0x11 register to 0x60 when reading back the register once it shows as 0x60 then its value resets to zero, this hasn't been an issue with the accelerometer and maybe it was writing a 0x01 bit to register 0x12 which would cause a system reboot but after making sure to include 0x04 to be sent in the sequence after the 0x60 it still resets all registers

Oaf
Associate II

The gyroscope was not provided power