cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-STLKT01V1 SensorTile Dev Kit Changing Accelerometer Sample Frequency

ahalwah
Associate II

Hello,

I am using the SensorTile Dev Kit for collecting accelerometer and gyroscope data. I have managed to use the SDK in python for interfacing with the sensor and plotting acc and gyro data in real-time. However, I was wondering if there was a way for me to adjust the sampling frequency which currently seems to be at 20 Hz for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ahalwah ,

I'm sorry, I thought you are referring to Sensortile.box PRO. You are right, there is no firmware that supports the create a new application function of the ST BLE Sensor app for Sensortile.

So, the easiest way of changing ODR of the sensors is downloading the ALLMEMS2 pack ( https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/fp-sns-allmems2.html ) and modify the sensors odr directly from there.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ahalwah ,

You have 2 different options to change the sample frequency (output Data Rate) of the sensors:

1- you can use the ST BLE Sensor App on you phone to create a flow that sends data at a different ODR (you can follow the instructions in the UM)

2- you can download one of the function Packs available on the web page (BLESENSORS would be the easiest one to adapt), modify it and reprogram the board with the new file (this is more difficult)

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
ahalwah
Associate II

I have noticed the capability to create applications whereby the sensors to read data from can be chosen and the ODR for them adjusted for the sensortile box and box pro. However, I didn't notice this capability for the dev kit which I am inquiring about.

Can you point me to the appropriate function pack for the dev kit which I can look through to change the ODR.

Hi @ahalwah ,

I'm sorry, I thought you are referring to Sensortile.box PRO. You are right, there is no firmware that supports the create a new application function of the ST BLE Sensor app for Sensortile.

So, the easiest way of changing ODR of the sensors is downloading the ALLMEMS2 pack ( https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/fp-sns-allmems2.html ) and modify the sensors odr directly from there.