cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-MKI109V3 dfu issue

FCook.1
Associate III

Hi, I recently bought a STEVAL-MKI109V3 with STEVAL-MKI208V1K. My pc runs on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS.

I've installed the Unico GUI, but when selecting the STEVAL-MKI208V1K in the Unico, it says "Port not open. Please, check the board is connected."

I've tried the firmware DFU update, but when running the Step 5 of the STEVAL-MKI109V3 manual, I get "dfu-util: No DFU capable USB device available". I've tried different USB ports and cables. I believe the device is in DFU mode, because the green D1 LED doesn't blinks (if I connect normally it blinks).

Please your comments and help, thanks.

Regards,

11 REPLIES 11

HI @Eleon BORLINI​, my mistake, I had an error in the c++ code, now I can communicate to the STEVAL-MKI208V1K.

To close this subject, in my case it was easier and simpler to make direct communication with STEVAL-MKI208V1K using Arduino than through STEVAL-MKI109V3 and Unico GUI (using a Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS notebook).

Thanks,

Hi @FCook.1​ ,

Glad to see you solved your issue and you reported it here.

Just a little comment about this point:

>> in my case it was easier and simpler to make direct communication with STEVAL-MKI208V1K using Arduino than through STEVAL-MKI109V3 and Unico GUI

I could agree with you, in the sense that with Arduino is easier to build a code for the data acquisition from the Steval than Unico, which is quite. Unico target is to simplify the high level acquisition (at least on Win OS, it should be plug and play provided that the dfu upload on the ProfiMEMS is ok). Unico is so far the easiest tool to configure advanced digital features such as the Finite State Machine (FSM) and particularly the Machine Learning Core (MLC) of IMUs like LSM6DSOX.

-Eleon