cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spikes in ASM330LHH Temperature Data

M_S
Associate II

Hi, 

I am currently using an ASM330LHH MEMS, and seem to be getting erroneous spikes in data from the temperature sensor (see attached image). Please can someone advise on what this may be, or if you have experienced the same issue? I have been working through the temperature decode in my data acquisition (which seems to be okay), but I could be wrong. 

Many thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
M_S
Associate II

It's worth noting, the spikes seems to be consistent in magnitude. Almost as though there is a recurring offset.

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @M_S ,

Welcome to ST Community!

Have you already tried to configure the BDU bit in CTRL3_C register (12h)? With this bit the output registers are not updated until MSB and LSB have been read.

If this helps you, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Federica Bossi

I will try this an see if it works. 

Thank you.

JamesWindspoore
Associate II

I'm having the exact same problem even if BDU is activated.

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @JamesWindspoore ,

They could be due to the setup vibrations, please be sure that it is well isolated. 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.