cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM32Cube IDE MEMS1

IB.1
Associate III

Hello ST MEMS Community.

I recently switched to use STM32 CubeMX IDE and I really like it .

I would to utilize full power of the IDE and would like to use MEMS sensor for my application. I have installed X-CUBE MEMS pack.

I did see multiple device available as well multiple motion algorithms. Question what I have is there is simple tutorial available showing how to utilize those resources? ie adding accelerator to "project" and selecting desired motion algorithm through STM32cube MX?

please advise...

IB

5 REPLIES 5
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @IB.1​ , I believe this is a question more related to STM32 MCU community topics, but specifically for the X-CUBE-MEMS1 firmware function pack (and the algorithm libraries contained) I suggest you to start from the existing reference design platforms, such as Unicleo-GUI + X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3, for which the algorithms have been developed. Please note that the algorithms themselves are not open, and that the release of STM proprietary libraries is subject to signature of a License User Agreement (LUA); you can contact STMicroelectronics sales office and representatives for further information. Regards

IB.1
Associate III

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

Thank you for your replay.

I can select MEMS device(s) and required algorithm(s) see attached image.

0693W000000VVT1QAO.jpg

Than I can generate required code

Drivers\BSP\Components low level MEMS drivers

Middlewares\ST\STM32_MotionAC_Library actual algorithms

Questions: where should we go from here? Does any parameters needs to be configure ie MEMS sensor I2C address?

Which APIs should be called and when? For example if we call algorithmInit(...) function, does this function will initialize MEMS?

Does user needs concomitantly read sensor and send data to the algorithm? or algorithm handles all readings and all user has to do

just to read algorithm result function?

Please advise.

Thank you for your support

IB

Hi @IB.1​ , you can find some tutorial documentation in CubeMX, although not on video support. I'm referring to the “Getting started with the STMicroelectronics X-CUBE-MEMS1�? document available and accessible directly from the STM32CubeIDE/STMCubeMX. Please see the picture below. Regards

0693W000000VlRkQAK.jpg

IB.1
Associate III

Thank you @Eleon BORLINI​ 

parata.carlo
Associate III

Hi @IB.1​ ,

now it is also available a video tutorial with subtitles at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DskAV2THwuw

Best Regards,

Carlo