cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significantly More Integrated Gyro Rate (Angle) Drift during Acceleration

slkrug
Associate

Hi,

I have a custom PCB for my company for automotive purposes with the ASM330LHHX as the IMU. Upon integrating the gyro rate (about the X axis, roll rate, see green line in 1st plot below) while acceleration is happening on the on the Y axis (Ay, see orange trace in second plot below), the purely integrated angle estimate diverges significantly more than it does otherwise without the Ay. This data is from a car driving around sporatically with some significant Ay events in both directions. 

What is the cause of this behavior from the gyro? Is there a specification that determines how much this behavior occurs, in a standard format of SI units?

SBG vs. ASM330Lhxx.png

Thank you,

Steve Krug
CTO
steve@axicleengineering.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the response Federica. I believe this may have been due to an error in my software, in fact. Thank you for the response anyways.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @slkrug ,

From these graphs is difficult to understand what could be, surely this behavior is unexpected..

Can you give more details about your log scenario?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for the response Federica. I believe this may have been due to an error in my software, in fact. Thank you for the response anyways.