cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"WHO_AM_I register value does not match the device selected"

ReaLogics
Associate

My first time exploring with STEVAL hardware. I just received the STEVAL-MKI108V3 mother board, the STEVAL-MKI196V1 sensor board, and installed UNICO GUI 9.13.0 and FW Version V3.11.4.

When starting the Unico Program with both "Automatic Port Detection" and "Communication with the motherboard" enabled then selecting MKI186V1 sensor (LSM6DSO), a dialog box appears saying "The WHO_AM_I register value does not match the device selected." Looking at the motherboard and sensor board documentation, there does not seem to be any jumpers for setting device address.

I have verified the orientation of the sensor board into the DIL socket. I believe the LSM6DSO address is either 0x6A or 0x6B, but have no idea what address Unico is looking for. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Out of curiosity, with USB plugged into mother board and blue LED is on, I measured the voltage at pin VDD to GND on sensor socket and it is 30mv (expected 3.6v). Is the device powered on automatically by mother board, or is this a fault?

Thanks for any help! Rich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ReaLogics
Associate

High @Eleon BORLINI​  You are correct it is an STEVAL-MKI109V3.

I followed the motherboard FW upgraded procedures. It was V3.11.4 and now it is V3.42.4, which fixed it!

Thank you for your quick response. Happy Thanksgiving -Rich

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @ReaLogics​ ,

your checks are correct (one point, the motherboard name is STEVAL-MKI109V3).

Can you also check from inspecting the top side of the package if the marking has an "SO" near the alignment dot?

Moreover, do you have the possibility to test another STEVAL-MKI196V1 adapter, just to check the issue is not related to the one you are testing?

-Eleon

ReaLogics
Associate

High @Eleon BORLINI​  You are correct it is an STEVAL-MKI109V3.

I followed the motherboard FW upgraded procedures. It was V3.11.4 and now it is V3.42.4, which fixed it!

Thank you for your quick response. Happy Thanksgiving -Rich