cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P-NUCLEO-IKA02A1 EVK

jason239955_st
Associate III

Hi Sir/Mdm,

I tested the EVK with the lowest PPM in clean air was 6ppm yesterday and today I tested again in clean air was 2.4ppm and is fluctuating. When I first got this EVK, it was 0.6ppm which < 1, after testing a few rounds with CO gas, then I won't drop to that point. Appreciate if you could give us some support on this problem, thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @jason239955_st​ ,

I'm not an expert of gas sensor, since it is not from ST but from this other company, Figaro (TGS5141-P00).

I see from the datasheet (that you can also find in attachment to this post) that there could be up to ±10ppm equivalent offset, but I don't know whether it can fluctuate...

As a standard procedure we suggest for our environmental sensors, I would suggest you to run a 85°C bake, to clean any post-solder effect.

My first suggestion is however to directly contact Figaro for an effective help.

Let me then know if you can find out more from their side.

-Eleon

jason239955_st
Associate III

Hi Eleon,

I am using this evaluation board with the Nucleo-L053R8 to do the evaluation and getting the result of the CO sensor.

After testing a few rounds, I noticed there was a setting "T" on the for test the sensor using the NUCLEO together with the sensor expansion board. 

I keep getting error while try to run the test procedure, screenshot attached

Datasheet not mention the test procedure, I am confused with the error message "JP2 pin 1 was not connected" what does that mean? and what should I do?

JP2 on the sensor expansion board is GAIN settings, I tried shorted pin 1-2, same error, and tried shorted 2-3 also same error. Appreciate if you could help on this issue.

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @jason239955_st​ ,

Are you using the board with the default firmware uploaded?

As another interface channel, as shown in the UM2247 user manual, p.11, you could use also Unicleo-GUI to interface the board. It contains a Custom Fields window which fully supports the P-NUCLEO-IKA02A1 expansion board to show the measured values in a graph. The source code for NUCLEO-L053R8, NUCLEO-F401RE and NUCLEO-L476RG boards is available in the X-CUBE-IKA02A1 software package as DataLogCustomLite sample.

Did you already tried this solution?

-Eleon