cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response from STEVAL-MKI109V3

PJons.1
Associate

Hi, I get no response from my computers when connecting the STEVAL-MKI109V3 with the USB cable. When connecting the cable the blue led turns on and after a few seconds the green led starts blinking. From what I read this is normal behaviour. The board is not discovered by a Windows 10 system and not shown in the device manager. So, when I got no contact, I found that I should try to reprogram the unit with STM32 cube programmer. When I press the buttons BT3 and BT2, and then releasing BT2, the board starts with only the blue led, which I have read should be correct. The problem is that there is no indication of the board in the device manager whatsoever. I also connected the board to linux and tried monitoring system events when connecting the USB cable but there was no indication of that the board was connected. Could it be something wrong with the board? Is it possible to reflash the the board with a KEIL ULINK2 programmer I have available? If possible, how is a reflash done with KEIL ULINK2?

Thanks for any help,

Patrik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PJons.1
Associate

Solved !

In my case the problem was nonfunctional USB cables. The third USB cable I used finally worked. I had to install the newest firmware with stm32 cube programmer to make Unico work. I guess that some USB A to micro USB cables are only connected to support charging. I hope this information can save other users some time 😎

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PJons.1
Associate

Solved !

In my case the problem was nonfunctional USB cables. The third USB cable I used finally worked. I had to install the newest firmware with stm32 cube programmer to make Unico work. I guess that some USB A to micro USB cables are only connected to support charging. I hope this information can save other users some time 😎

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @PJons.1​ ,

that's great! thank you for having come back on the Community to post the solution!

Best regards,

Eleon