cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Gyro TL3GD20 is not working.

NSemrHomeInit
Senior

Hello,

I am using the TL3GD20 gyro in the stm32F429 discovery board to develop my own driver.

The output registers are fixed and they do not move, always at:

0693W00000aIbfaQAC.pngI respect the 10 ms second before powering up.

I activate the x y and z axis and set the PD register. I also disabled the high pass filter.

I am wondering how to test that the gyro is working. do you have a method to share with me, please?

I expect to have the output registers moving if I rotate the board. Despite the values, in the output register, I have to see something in those registers before starting the conversion..

Here is a capture to see how I am configuring the TL3GD20 gyro:

0693W00000aIbgiQAC.png 

Thank you in advance for help,

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @NSemrHomeInit​ ,

To read the gyro output you need to properly set the register 20h (CTRL_REG1).

For example you can write 20h to Fh and then rotate the sensor and acquire the output, you then have to multiply the output value by the sensitivity value according to your FS (you can set it in reg 23h) to have it in mdps.

Also I suggest you try one of our new sensors for better gyroscope performance, for example you could look at LSM6DSV16X.

Let me know if you can read the L3GD20 output and if my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster!

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.