cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSO FIFO with temperature data

msemegen
Associate II

Hi!

I'm making driver for LSM6DSO, and I'm stuck with temperature data in FIFO. I understand logic for calculating temperature sensor ODR, based on acc/gyro ODRs, but there is small problem: there is no option to set 26Hz data rate for temperature (in FIFO_CTRL4 there are only 3 options: 1.6Hz, 12.5Hz, 52Hz). So what can I do, when acc ODR is 26Hz, and AN says: "If the accelerometer is configured in Ultra-Low-Power or Low-Power mode and its ODR is lower than

52 Hz, the temperature data rate is equal to the configured accelerometer ODR;"?  (26Hz is valid Low Power mode ODR setting).

Best!

ms

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @msemegen​ ,

what if you set LP mode and ODR=26Hz on the accelerometer? From that note, you should be able to synchronize the T sensor output in this way...

By the way, please note that temperature variation is usually very, so you could work with temperature ODR at 1.6Hz and acc/gyto at 26Hz. You will receive a temperature data every 16 motion samples.

Or are you bound to use ODR = 26Hz?

-Eleon

msemegen
Associate II

OK,

but to enable tmp data in FIFO I need to set proper ODR (1.6Hz, 12.5Hz, 52Hz) - there is no additional register to just enable temperature data in FIFO. What if acc ODR is 26Hz (LP)? Which value should I choose?

ms

According tho the datasheet / AN sentence, if you set ODR_temperature 52Hz and the accelerometer is in LP and running at 26Hz, then also the temperature sensor should run at the same speed.

-Eleon