cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSO: Are the accel and gyro biases sensitive to temperature variations? The data sheet only talks about the "sensitivity change vs temperature" which indicates an impact on LSB size (resolution change), however, may I know the impact on bias values?

BNall.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @BNall.1​ ,

please consider that the bias (named LA_OffDr and G_OffDr) variations versus temperature are available in the datasheet, p.9:

0693W00000KbRlIQAV.pngIt is an average variation, that typically increases in both direction(cooling and heating) from the reference 25°C.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @BNall.1​ ,

please consider that the bias (named LA_OffDr and G_OffDr) variations versus temperature are available in the datasheet, p.9:

0693W00000KbRlIQAV.pngIt is an average variation, that typically increases in both direction(cooling and heating) from the reference 25°C.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ , thanks for the answer. Is this bias variation over temperature spec applicable after applying temperature-based bias compensation, or is this a measurement of the sensor HW variation without any explicit compensation?

Is it also true that accelerometer (spec force) and gyro sensor measurement noise (std dev) is not temperature dependent?

Hi @BNall.1​ ,

This is a measurement of the average bias variation versus temperature, so it is not easy to compensate for this value, since you should at least know the compensation sign and if the gain curve is monotonic. About the noise, there is not a big dependence from temperature, enough negligible to be not reported in the datasheet.

-Eleon