cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(LSM6DSL) I want to know why raw data(angular rate) is multiplied by sensitivity.

jjo.2
Associate II

(LSM6DSL) I want to know why raw data(angular rate) is multiplied by sensitivity.

Multiply the angular velocity(gyro raw data) by sensitivity and it becomes mdps, what exactly is mdps?

float_t lsm6dsl_from_fs500dps_to_mdps(int16_t lsb)

{

return ((float_t)lsb * 17.50f);

}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @jjo.2​ ,

"mdps" means milli degree per second, which is the measurement of an angular rate.

You need to multiply the LSB data by a specific factor because it refers to the sensitivity according to the datasheet of the mechanical element inside the sensor.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @jjo.2​ ,

"mdps" means milli degree per second, which is the measurement of an angular rate.

You need to multiply the LSB data by a specific factor because it refers to the sensitivity according to the datasheet of the mechanical element inside the sensor.

-Eleon

jjo.2
Associate II

Thank you for your answer. One more question is, do you have a formula or example code to calculate the angle using raw data?

I also want to know if there is an example code using a complementary filter.

jjo.2
Associate II

@Eleon BORLINI​ 

Thank you for your answer. One more question is, do you have a formula or example code to calculate the angle using raw data?

I also want to know if there is an example code using a complementary filter.