cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2HH12 datasheet (rev 5) errata: purpose of DFC bits

StefanRickli
Associate II

Not sure if this belongs to the forum or whether I should better file a support request.

I'm referring to revision 5 of the datasheet of LIS2HH12.

On page 33, table 27, the function of the DFC bits are misrepresented as a high-pass cutoff frequency instead of cutoff frequency for two filters, the low-pass filter (whose bypass is controlled by CTRL1.HR) as well as the high-pass filter (whose effects are controlled by CTRL2.FDS/HPIS1/HPIS2). Also, a reference to table 25 is missing. A table for the high-pass cutoff frequencies is completely missing (AN4662 provides this information in table 11, p.16).

Also, in the same table, DFC is misspelled as DFC1 in the left column.

One should also be aware of AN4662 which does an excellent job in explaining the whole data path signal processing, including block diagrams.

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @StefanRickli​ , yes this is the right forum and yes, the DFC bits function is quite misleading. Please let me ask to our experts, but I think that the DFC sets only the Low pass filter. You can check it selecting a value for these bits (not in HR mode) and see if you read or not the 1g value at data output level. Regards