cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DW12 consumes up to 110uA in low power mode and 230uA in high performance mode. Why is it so high?

jzhon.2
Associate

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi Jzhon.2,

What are your FS and ODR settings?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
jzhon.2
Associate

hello

My fs is 2g and ODR is 12.5HZ. I have tried various combinations, but the current has been 110+uA in a test environment with an operating voltage of 3.00V. I have seen some cases on the community and I also suspect that it is caused by my connecting SDO to GND and pulling up internally.

I switched to a LIS2DH12 Gsensor, and the current did drop when I disabled the pull-up resistor. I had a problem with this chip, I couldn't use fifo. By printing the register configuration written, I found that the Settings were written successfully, but FIFO_SRC_REG was always 0x20, I was puzzled how I could use fifo mode.

In addition, I have another question, low_power 50HZ power consumption 6uA in the specification, what is the prerequisite for this data? When I set the low_powewr mode ODR 10HZ, I read the Gsensor data once per second, but the average power consumption is 18uA, and the current during measurement is up to 150uA, is this normal?